+ Honda Civic and Acura Integra brand Cars
+ Maintenance instruction
+ Routine maintenance
+ engine Repair without extraction from the car - the Civic models
- Engine repair without extraction from the car - the Integra models
Preparatory actions and the list of repair procedures which can be executed without engine extraction from the car
Reduction of the piston of the first cylinder in the provision of the top dead point (VMT)
Removal and installation of a cover of a head of cylinders
Removal and installation of the inlet pipeline
Removal and installation of a final collector
Removal, check of a condition and installation of a gas-distributing belt and cogwheels of a drive of GRM
Replacement of a forward epiploon of a cranked shaft
VTEC systems - the general information and check of a condition of components
Removal, check of a condition and installation of camshafts and assembly of yokes
Replacement of klapanny springs with plates and maslootrazhatelny caps
Removal and installation of a head of cylinders
Removal and installation of the pallet of a case of the engine
Removal, check of a condition and installation of the oil pump
Flywheel replacement / driving disk
Replacement of a back epiploon of a cranked shaft
Check of a condition and replacement of support of a suspension bracket of the power unit
+ General and major maintenance of the engine
+ cooling and heating Systems
+ Power supply system and release
+ engine Electric equipment
+ Control systems of the engine
+ gear shifting Box
+ Cцепление and power shafts
+ Brake system
+ Suspension bracket and steering
+ Onboard electric equipment
Removal and installation of a head of cylinders
Before starting to work, wait complete cooling of the engine.
Subject to dismantle at removal of a head of cylinders components of an impellent compartment of the car
|1. Bring the piston of the first cylinder into the provision VMT of the end of a step of compression (see. Reduction of the piston of the first cylinder in the provision of the top dead point (VMT)).
2. Disconnect a negative wire from the battery and the grounding tire from the engine (see an illustration above).
If the stereosystem established on the car is equipped with a security code before disconnecting the battery make sure that have the correct combination for audiosystem input in action!
3. Empty system of cooling and turn out spark plugs (see. Head Routine maintenance).
4. Remove an air purifier with an air inlet sleeve (see. Head of the Power supply system and release).
5. Remove driving belts of auxiliary units (see. Head Routine maintenance). To Otboltita the steering pump also take him aside, without disconnecting hydraulic lines, then remove an arm of the steering pump (see. Head Suspension bracket and steering).
6. Disconnect a cable of an accelerator and dump pressure in a power supply system (see. Head of the Power supply system and release).
7. Disconnect the following hoses and lines (see. Heads of the Power supply system and release and Control system of the engine):
a) Hoses of giving and fuel return;
b) Hose of system of catching of fuel evaporations (EVAP);
c) Ventilating hose (branch pipe сапуна);
d) PCV hose.
e) Vacuum hose of the amplifier of brakes.
8. Disconnect perepuskny a hose of system of cooling, a hose of a heater and the top radiatorny hose (see. Head of System of cooling and heating).
9. On the VTEC models remove the rasporny bar established across an impellent compartment (see. Part General and major maintenance of the engine of the present Chapter).
10. Disconnect electroconducting from the following components:
a) Injectors of injection of fuel;
b) The sensor of temperature of cooling liquid (CTS);
c) Sensor of a measuring instrument of temperature;
d) Sensor of VMT/situation cranked and camshafts;
e) Sensor of fluctuations of a cranked shaft;
f) Ignition coil;
g) Sensor provision of a butterfly valve (TPS);
h) The sensor of absolute pressure in the pipeline (MAR);
i) Electromagnetic valve of a purge of a coal adsorber of EVAP system;
j) Electromagnetic VTEC valve (18С1 and 18С5));
k) Sensor switch of pressure of VTEC (18С1 and 18С5);
l) Valve of stabilization of turns of idling (IAC);
m) Electromagnetic valve of a perepuskaniye of inlet air (IAB) (18С1 and 18С5).
11. Remove the actuation mechanism of a control system in the speed (темпостата) (see. Head Onboard electric equipment).
12. Remove protection of a case.
13. Prop up the engine a jack (for the purpose of loading distribution between a head of a jack and the pallet of a case lay wooden whetstone). Remove an arm of the top support of the engine (see. Check of a condition and replacement of support of a suspension bracket of the power unit).
14. Remove the assembly bracket supporting the inlet pipeline, and turn out bolts of a flange of a final collector.
15. Uncover heads of cylinders (see. Removal and installation of a cover of a head of cylinders).
16. Remove the ignition distributor (see. Head engine Electric equipment) together with a cover and VV connected to it wires.
17. Remove a belt of a drive of GRM (see. Removal, check of a condition and installation of a gas-distributing belt and cogwheels of a drive of GRM), camshafts and assembly of yokes (see. Removal, check of a condition and installation of camshafts and assembly of yokes).
18. Operating as it should be, the return shown on an illustration to paragraph 6 (see below), in stages (on 1/4 turns for an approach) weaken bolts of fastening of a head so that there was a possibility of their reversing manually. Try to remember an arrangement of each of fixing bolts – at assembly they should be screwed strictly on former places.
19. Remove a head of cylinders from the engine. If the head does not separate from the block, it is possible to use the lever which should be got between an arm of the steering pump and the block (at all do not hook a head for an interfaced surface). Lay the head removed from the engine on pair of wooden blocks in order to avoid damage of prokladochny surfaces.
20. The description of procedures of dismantling of a head and check of a condition of its internal components is provided in the Part the General and major maintenance of the engine of the present Chapter. At this stage estimate only planeness of an interfaced surface.
|1. Interfaced surfaces of a head and the block of cylinders should be absolutely pure and dry.
2. Carefully smooth out interfaced surfaces of a head and the block of cylinders. Having scratched out the remains of a material build laying and coal deposits, wipe surfaces the rags moistened in acetone. Existence on interfaced surfaces of a material of old laying at the moment of installation can bring to violation of tightness of landing of laying and, as a result, development of leaks. Processing the block, закупорьте openings of cylinders rags in order to avoid hit in them small garbage and various extraneous subjects (as a last resort, carefully vacuum cylinders). As the head and the block of cylinders are executed from a soft aluminum alloy, act with extra care, trying not to leave on interfaced surfaces of scratches and задиров (use for a soskablivaniye of deposits only brass or plastic instruments).
3. Check interfaced surfaces of a head and the block on existence of deep scratches, задиров and other damages. Easy defects can be eliminated by means of a fine-grained emery paper. In more serious cases the unique alternative is the pro-point of components.
4. A tap of the suitable size banish carving openings under bolts of fastening of a head. Serially clamping bolts in a vice for a head, walk on their carving lerky. Existence in rounds of a carving of old hermetic, dirt and products of corrosion results in discrepancy of real effort of a tightening of fixture to indications of the indicator of a dinamometrichesky key.
5. Lay on the block of cylinders new sealing laying (marking such as "TORAHS" up). Track, that openings under directing pins appeared on the regular places (see an accompanying illustration). Establish into place a masloraspylitel of a head with a new sealing ring. Accurately establish on the block a head of cylinders.
7. Put on cogwheels pins of camshafts, then establish a gas-distributing belt (see. Removal, check of a condition and installation of camshafts and assembly of yokes).
6. Grease a carving and the bottom surface of heads of fixing bolts with pure impellent oil and screw fixture on the former places. Operating in that order (see an accompanying illustration), tighten bolts of fastening of a head of cylinders with demanded effort (see. Specifications).
8. Installation of the remained components is made as it should be, the return to an order of their dismantle.
9. Do not forget to fill system of cooling and to check levels of all liquids (see. Head Routine maintenance).
10. Manually slowly turn a cranked shaft counter-clockwise on two complete revolutions.
If at a provorachivaniye of a shaft there is a resistance, immediately stop in order to avoid damage of valves at their contact with the bottoms of pistons.
11. Start the engine and check correctness of installation of a corner of an advancing of ignition (see. Head Routine maintenance).
12. Warm up the engine to normal working temperature and check it on existence of signs of leaks. Make sure of serviceability of functioning of the engine.