+ Honda Civic and Acura Integra brand Cars
+ Maintenance instruction
+ Routine maintenance
+ engine Repair without extraction from the car - the Civic models
+ engine Repair without extraction from the car - the Integra models
- General and major maintenance of the engine
Check of pressure of oil
Check of kompressionny pressure in cylinders
Diagnostics of a condition of the engine with use of the vacuum gage
Removal from the car of the power unit - preparation and precautionary measures
Removal and engine installation
Alternative versions of schemes of regenerative repair of the engine
Order of dismantling of the engine by its preparation for major maintenance
Dismantling of a head of cylinders
Cleaning and check of a condition of a head of cylinders
Service of valves
Assembly of a head of cylinders
Removal of shatunno-piston assemblies
Removal of a cranked shaft
Cleaning of the block of the engine
Check of a condition of the block of the engine
Honingovaniye of mirrors of cylinders
Check of a condition of components of shatunno-piston group
Check of a condition of a cranked shaft
Check of a condition and selection of loose leaves of radical and shatunny bearings of a cranked shaft
Engine assembly order
Installation of piston rings
Installation of a cranked shaft and check of working gaps of radical bearings
Replacement of a back epiploon of a cranked shaft
Installation of shatunno-piston assemblies and check of size of working gaps in shatunny bearings of a cranked shaft
Trial start and engine running in after major maintenance
+ cooling and heating Systems
+ Power supply system and release
+ engine Electric equipment
+ Control systems of the engine
+ gear shifting Box
+ clutch and power shafts
+ Brake system
+ Suspension bracket and steering
+ Onboard electric equipment
Check of kompressionny pressure in cylinders Results of check of kompressionny pressure in cylinders allow to define the general condition and components of the top part of the engine (pistons, piston rings, valves, laying of a head of cylinders, etc.) and qualitatively to estimate degree of their wear. That is especially important, the analysis of information received as a result of check allows to narrow a range of the possible reasons of falling of a compression in cylinders, rather precisely having adhered refusal to violations of functioning of quite concrete components, whether it be piston rings, valves, their saddles or head laying.
The engine should be heated-up to normal working temperature, and the storage battery is completely charged.
|1. Begin with pro-cleaning of candle niches (blow them the compressed air as which source in this case the ordinary bicycle pump perfectly will approach). The main objective is prevention of hit of garbage in cylinders during performance of measurements.
2. Turn out from the engine all spark plugs (see. Head Routine maintenance).
3. Fix a butterfly valve in completely open situation.
4. Immobilize a power supply system, having removed a safety lock of the main PGM-FI relay (see. Head of the Power supply system and release).
5. Also disconnect ignition system, having disconnected sockets of primary contour of the distributor (see. Head engine Electric equipment).
7. Turn the engine at least on seven steps and consider the measuring instrument indication. On the serviceable engine pressure should accrue quickly enough. Low pressure on the first step, being accompanied its gradual increase on the subsequent, speaks about wear of piston rings. If at a further provorachivaniye pressure does not rise, it can be considered as the certificate of leakages of valves or violation of tightness of laying of a head of cylinders (the probability of existence of cracks in a head is not excluded also). Write down the maximum indication компрессометра.
6. Establish компрессометр in a candle opening of the first cylinder (see an accompanying illustration).
8. Repeat procedure for the remained cylinders of the engine. Compare results to standard requirements (see. Specifications).
9. At excessively low results of measurement, fill in in each of cylinders through a candle opening of a little impellent oil (two-three teaspoons) and repeat check.
10. If addition of oil leads to pressure increase, it speaks about wear of piston rings. If the compression does not increase, the reason of its decrease are leakages of valves or violation of tightness of laying of a head. Leakages of valves can be connected with a burn-out of their saddles, either a deformation/burn-out or mechanical damages of working facets of plates.
11. If pressure of compression is equally underestimated in two next cylinders, with high degree of probability it is possible to speak about violation of integrity of laying of a head within its crossing point between these cylinders. Presence of cooling liquid at impellent oil will confirm this assumption.
12. If pressure in one of cylinders approximately for 20 % is lower, than in other and it is accompanied by violation of stability of turns of idling, it is necessary to estimate degree of wear of a cam of a drive of the final valve on a camshaft.
13. Unusual overestimate of kompressionny pressure usually is a consequence of a nagaroobrazovaniye in combustion chambers. In this case the head of cylinders should be removed for the purpose of carrying out a dekarbonizatsiya.
14. In case of excessively low kompressionny pressure, and also at strong violation of uniformity of its distribution between cylinders it will be useful to hold engine testing in the conditions of a car-care center workshop. Such check will allow to define precisely a place of leakage of pressure and to estimate degree of its gravity.