|1. Remember that violations of functioning of system of a charge far are not necessarily connected with failures of the generator. First of all always make the following elementary checks:
a) Check a condition of wires of the battery in places of their connection them to plugs of the last. Check reliability of fastening of terminal clips;
b) Check a battery condition (see. Check of a condition and battery replacement). In case of need make additional charge of the last, or replace it new;
c) Check a condition of electroconducting and electric connections of the generator and a tension regulator;
d) Check a condition and effort of a tension of a driving belt of the generator (see. Head Routine maintenance). In case of need make replacement;
e) Check reliability of a tightening of bolts of fastening of the generator;
f) Start the engine and estimate intensity of a noise background published by the generator;
g) At the corresponding complete set check a condition of fusible inserts in the assembly block in an impellent compartment of the car (see. Head Onboard electric equipment).Если any of inserts failed, make investigation and elimination of the reasons of an overload;
h) Check serviceability of functioning of a control lamp of a charge in an instrument guard of the engine. At the included ignition and not working engine the lamp should burn. Otherwise disconnect the 4-contact socket from the back party of the generator and earth the plug of its white-dark blue wire. If the lamp does not join and now, check a safety lock No. 15 condition on 7.5 and and filaments actually lamps. Also check existence of tension of the battery on the plug No. 1. If tension is present, replace the generator;
i) Check contents of the block of memory of the onboard processor on existence of the codes of malfunctions of system of monitoring of electric loadings (ELD) written down in it (see. Head of the Control system of the engine).
2. By means of the voltmeter measure tension given out by the battery at the muffled engine and the disconnected consumers of the electric power (the heater fan, a radio receiver, the lighter, the fan of system of cooling etc., etc.). The result of measurement should make about 12.5 In, or is slightly higher, if the engine worked within the last hour.
4. Include a driving beam of head headlights, start on the maximum high-speed mode the To/in voltmeter, include heating of back glass and a radio receiver. At normal functioning of system of a charge tension should fall to short time, then again to leave on about 13.5 V.Esli's normal operating level there is a tension lowering below than to 13 In, therefore serviceability of functioning of system is broken.
3. Start the engine and repeat measurement. At frequency of rotation of a cranked shaft of 1500 rpm tension should make 13.8÷14.8 In (see an accompanying illustration).
5. Dump engine turns to the single – tension of a charge should not fall below value in 13 Century.
6. Disconnect everything consumers of the electric power, lift engine turns to value 1600 in a minute and again consider the voltmeter indication. Now tension should not rise above value 15 In (the insignificant deviations in inverse proportion connected with ambient temperature) are admissible.
7. Dependence of tension of a charge on turns of the engine and number of the included consumers of the electric power speaks about malfunction of a regulator of tension.
8. At an inadmissible deviation from nominal rate it is necessary to make the corresponding repair of the generator, or to replace the last. If tension of a charge too lowly, and driving belts and the battery are in good repair, replace the generator assembled with a regulator (see. Removal and generator installation).